Two small servings or one large serving
- 4 pears (I used 2 Bartlett and 2 Bosc)
- 2 one-inch chunks of peeled ginger
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 oz of your favorite Bourbon
- Hot water
- Slice into the middle of one pear, cutting away a thin disc of the fruit. Soak the disc in a small bowl of lemon juice and set aside.
- Dice up the rest of the pears and toss into a food processor or blender with the ginger and 8 oz of cold water. Puree until as smooth as possible.
- Strain puree through a fine mesh sieve into a glass measuring cup.
- Put a kettle of water on to boil while you complete the next step.
- Put the pear juice, two cinnamon sticks, and a pinch of salt into a small saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 or 10 minutes then remove from heat and let steep.
- Pour boiling water from the kettle into two mugs to preheat them.
- After a few minutes, discard the water and drizzle a little honey into each mug.
- Cut the lemon-soaked disc of pear in half and toss one half into each mug.
- Add 1 oz (or 2) of Bourbon and 4 oz of the hot pear juice to each mug. Top with a little hot water and more lemon juice to taste.
- Drink immediately!
Source: Heavy Table
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.