One of the most basic mixed alcoholic drinks, varieties exist changing the type of juice used, with grapefruit being a popular choice.
- Half fill the glass with ice and add the vodka
- Fill with the orange juice
- Garnish with slice of orange
- Serve with a straw or stirrer
- Some bars use an actual screwdriver (the tool) as a stirrer/garnish.
- To make a Brass Monkey, use light rum instead of vodka.
- To make an Orange Blossom, use gin instead of vodka.
- One variation adds a shot of Red Bull to make a "sonic screwdriver".
- Mixing vodka (or gin) with powdered juice (such as Tang) without the intermediary step of reconstituting the juice with water is an occasional fad in "coed gatherings" and not recommended.
- This drink was mentioned in the second season Banacek episode If Max Is So Smart, Why Doesn’t He Tell Us Where He Is?.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.